Short trip to Pasadena for my first manager’s meeting. Did a tiny bit of travel sketching. Wished I could have stayed longer to do more. Cute little town. Weird to be back after so many years from my horrible Peoplesoft training experience. I was playing EQ back then and bought my first shuffle on my birthday.
It all fits in my Reign Vermont Bag which I got for airline entertainment a few years ago at REI. I can even stuff my ipad and macbook if needed.
In the Art Bin
- Water Color Crayons
- Larger Gesso
- Larger Gel Medium
- Paint Brushes
- Craft Paint
- Paint Daubers
- Chalk Markers (big favorite)
- Big Pitt Brush Marker
- Masking Tape
- Green Photo case with Rubber Stamps for texture and chalk in pads
- Hairspray for fixative
- Flat Water Brush
Module #3 – Light Mixed Media in a make up bag with hangy hook
- Pouch One has Faber Castile Pitt Brush Markers (Permanent)
- Pouch Two has Water Soluble Tombow Markers
- Pouch Three has Tons of Other Stuff
- Gel Medium
- Glue Stick
- Heart of Darkness Ink
- Pencil Sharpener
- Paint Brush
- Green Slice Ceramic Precision Cutter (better than Exacto Knife and Safer)
- White Paint Pen
- Gold Paint Pen
- Gold Gelato
- Pencil Sharpener
- Small Water Spray Bottle
- Glue Pen
- Tombo Adhesive roller
- Faber Castile Mini Gesso (didn’t want to commit because it seems so small and hard to refill)
- Faber Castile Mini Gel Medium
- Faber Castile Mini Glaze Medium
- Short Scissors
I have a final Art Bin of bulkier things but haven’t gotten that right.
Here is the color portion to complement the Black Kitty Pouch.
- Tiny Water Color Box (MGraham because they don’t dry out and fall out)
- And/Or Faber Castile Colored Pencils
- And/Or Faber Castile Water Color Pencils
I’ve been building it in modules depending on how much I can lug around.
This is the stuff that always goes with me.
Kitty Pen case:
- Noodles Pen with Heart of Darkness Ink (fountain pen ink that is perm if dry AND on paper that has some wood pulp content)
- Sharpie Fine Pen (Black)
- Staedtler .03 Pen Perm Black
- Red Click Eraser
- Little Metal Ruler
- .05 Mech Pencil with 2B Lead
- .03 Mech Pencil with HB Lead
- Mono Zero Eraser
- Brass Sharpener
- Kneadable Eraser
(It must have not made it in my purse after my Alaska Trip but I usually also have the cutest ever little watercolor tin)
I could get rid of one of the Mech Pencils and Black Perm markers but that’s what ended up wanting the most on hand.