Offices come and go. I haven’t had a door in six or seven years. I’m acting supervisor for the next couple of months. It may shake down into something more permanent. For the time being, I have a private office near the break room. No one is even in the cubes right out side. I brought in a bunch of art that I’ve worked on in the last year. Bought a two dock iHome, verilx and flower calendar and some cat office supplies. Almost as nice as my home office now.
I working on print making and pen and ink line work right now. Last Sunday was my 6th in a row loading Colorado Pharmacy Inventory files. There is only one more this year and with that behind me I’m hoping for more time to make pretty things. I’m going to try multiple colors for this one. I’ve completed the black outline block. Made some test prints. I’m going to carve blocks for the leaves and fruit separately. So I printed a copy on cartridge paper and then put it down on a fresh block and burnished to get the image transfered on. I’m not sure how I did with the registration.
Found an image in my Silhouette Studio that looks like it would be good practice for cutting and printing. I used Dick Blick Readycut which is very easy to carve and feels rubbery. It made 4 proof prints. The first (top right) was using my speedball press. 8.5 x 11 paper was too big for it. The second (top left) was my first ever hand print. Third (bottom left) water color paper. Fourth (bottom left) is bristol.
Started a silicon intaglio plate and did a short two color run of my first carving. The color background I did a couple in magenta and a couple in red using a blank linoleum block. Then went over with my carved block and black ink. I’d like a chance at re-carving the design because I think I could do better now. But I like the over all effect. I found a frame/mat combo at Aaron brothers and it is on display in my laundry room Art gallery.
Change of direction. Decided to carve something simpler than the magnolia to start with.