See tagged posts for more artworks.
I took my first art class on 3/27/2010. It was a 3 hour travel sketch class. I’ve always wished I could draw but had no talent/training. The hope was to be able to travel journal during our big European vacation. I was very frustrated and discourage and at the point of tears at the end of the class, Paul did fine and the instructor was convinced the class was his idea and not mine.
A few months later I started taking day long workshops from Jill Goodell. Was overwhelmed during the second travel class but wanted more. Began to see some success with Pastels and Pen & Ink due to her instruction skills and gentile style.
- Sketching Travel Pen/Ink (Jill Goodell)
- Botanical Draw Colored Pencil (Jill Goodell)
- Colored Pencil-One Day (Jill Goodell)
- Acrylic Paint 101 (Jill Goodell)
- Acrylic Paint 102 (Jill Goodell)
- Drawing Basics Workshop (Jill Goodell)
- Drawing with Pen and Ink (Jill Goodell)
- Painting: Color Mixing with Water (Jill Goodell)
- Travel Sketching Pen and Ink (Jill Goodell)
- Portraying Your Pet in Pen and Ink 13-May-2011 & 14-May-2011 (Claudia Nice)
- Sketching in Pen and Ink 17-Jun-2011 & 18-Jun-2011 (Claudia Nice)
This is my Pen & Ink Pet Portrait from the Claudia Nice class. I had a fair bit of help including stroke choice, value definition, eye color and mane design. I believe I worked on it for about 12 hours and it does look quite a bit like my KiKi.
- How to Draw Birds: One Day Workshop 09-Jul-2011 (Jill Goodell)
- How to Draw Cats: One Day Workshop 23-Jul-2011 (Jill Goodell)
- How to Draw Flowers: One Day Workshop 6-Aug-2011 (Jill Goodell)
- North to Alaska (7-Seven Day Cruise from Seattle) 26-Aug-2011 to 2-Sep-2011 (Jill Goodell)
- Doodle Camp with Dawn DeVries Sokol (online) July 21st to September 30
- Color Drop Flowers by Martha Lever (online at Shabby Cottage Studio)
- Enchanted Bluebird Beginning Drawing with Elizabeth Johnson (online at Artful Gathering)
- Whimsical Landscape with Mechelle Harrison (online at Shabby Cottage Studio)
- Visual Journalism 101 with Pam Carriker (online at Artful Gathering)
- Field Notes with Juliana Coles (online at the Institute for Extreme Journalism)
- Extreme Field Notes with Juliana Coles (online at the Institute for Extreme Journalism)
- Initiation with Juliana Coles (online at the Institute for Extreme Journalism)