Â Reticella is a needle lace dating from the 15th century. It developed into Punto in Aria. Reticella (or reticello, Italian spelling) is a lace between embroidery (on fabric) and needlelace (no foundation fabric).
Reticella Lace Links
- Reticella Instructions written by Mistress Meadhbh nÃ Dhubhthaigh and published in Tournaments Illuminated Issue #138, April 2001
- White Works article on Reticella.
- Reticella and Rusking Lace
- Reticella Lace at Lace Fairy
- Beeton’s book of needlework at Project Gutenberg
Reticella Lace Bibliography
- Kliot, Jules and Kaethe. Needle Laces: Battenburg, Point & Reticella. Lacis Publications: Berkley, CA, 1981. ISBN 0-916896-18-8.
- Kliot, Jules and Kaethe. The Needle-Made Lace of Reticella. Lacis Publications: Berkeley, CA, 1994. ISBN 0-916896-57-9.
Vecellio, Cesare. Pattern Book of Renaissance Lace: A Reprint of the 1617 Edition of the Corona delle Nobili et Virtuose Donne, by Cesare Veccelio. Dover:New York, 1988. ISBN 0-486-25828-9.
- Cut Work Embroidery and How To Do It” by Oenone Cave,
- Ruskin Lace and Linen Work by Elizabeth Prickett
- Needle-made Laces and Net Embroideries by Doris Campbell Preston