Tonder is part of the family of Point Ground lace. This family includes Bucks Point, Chantilly and Bayeaux.
Bibliography of TÃ¸nder Lace
- Centre d’Enseignment de la Dentelle au Fuseau (Danish Point Grounds Laces)
- Lacemaking by Diagram by JohanneNyrop-Larsen 3 Languages
- Lacemaking by Diagram 2, TÃ¸nder Lace by Charlotte Rud
- Knipling II Karen Trend Nissen.
- Knipling III Karen Trend Nissen.
- Technique of TÃ¸nder Lace, The by Inge Skovgaard
- Thirty Three TÃ¸nderkniplinger Meta Danish/English
I am just learning Tonder lace. This is my travel pillow with Kr. #8 on it. The pillow was made by Marjorie Mathison.
Kr. 8 Kugler og bÃ¸lder from Lacemaking by Diagram by Johanne Nyrop-Larsen. 19 pair 1 1/2 gimp pair. I used Brok 160/2 with DMC Pearl Cotton #12 for my sample. I am not happy with the results. The thread was too fine and the gimp too coarse. However after 5 repeats I feel that I understand how the gimps work in this type of lace.
- TÃ¸nder Hankerchief handkerchief by Sally Schoenberger.
- TÃ¸nder Handkerchief Edging by Julie Hendrick
- The Museum of TÃ¸nder, TÃ¸nder, Denmark. Kniplinger page.
- Museet pÃ¥ Koldinghus. There is lace in this museum but no pictures on the site.
- Visiting the Vamberk Lace Museum Collection. Five pillows looking quite mysterious! A pillow, photo and accessories
“DENMARK IS LEGOLAND”
(Quote heard on the ferry from England)
Since the non-farmer
couldn’t milk the pigs
he fed three in the morning
went tractor-riding – better far
than all the rides in Legoland.
For breakfast he discovered
the culinary delight
of sandwiches of cheese
topped by squelchy marmalade.
His football-crazy brother
kicked two around the lawn
and in and out the flower beds
went happily to his own.
Both were driven
along the uncrowded roads
through Bedsted, Grurup, Hurup, No,
to castles, deserted North Sea beaches,
picnicking on an airport car park
before flying in a four-seater Cessna
over velvety fields and farms displaying
the Danish flag on their individual poles.
Daddy rolled up his trousers,
paddled in the seaweed stream
sandal-footed at Binderup Strand.
Mummy met the lace-maker of Tonder
and at Sonderborg Slot was treated
to a rare private showing
of Rogoczy’s vast collection
hidden from the light to prevent browning.
Legoland is Denmark
Denmark is not Legoland.