What is Milanese Lace?
Milanese is an Italian Bobbin Lace. It is characterized by freely flowing decorative braids.Milanese lace was made from the 17th century up to the late 18th century and was made mainly as flounces or entire collars or apron edgings rather than as narrow edging like Genoese. Milanese was, in contrast to genoese, boldly flower patterened and free-flowing.
- Freely flowing braids
- Fine Cotton
- Open fillings.
- Special Effects in Bobbin Lace by Sandi Woods
- New Braids and Designs in Milanese Lace by Patricia Read, Lucy Kincaid ISBN: 0713471921
- Milanese Lace: and Introduction by Patricia Read, Lucy Kincaid
- Milanese Lace, Original Patterns in Color by Louise Colgan
- Milanese Lace Designs by Anne Moore
- Color in Milanese with Louise Colgan. This class is hosted by the Lacemakers of Puget Sound. May 27, 2000 – May 29, 2000