The modern Flanders lace is the result of a slow evolution from the old Flemish laces of the 17th century, which were very closely and firmly worked. From this old Flemish lace is derived a reseau of distinctly square aspect, called five-hole ground, or Flanders ground. The motifs are made of wholestitch and for the most part are outlined with a gimp thread. The designs are inspired by nature : flowers, garlands and animals. Many of the patterns have colourful local names, such as : the bone (â€˜t been), pot of flowers (â€˜t blompotje), the monkey (de aap) and the hump-back bridge (dâ€™hoge brugge).
- 5 Hole Ground.
- Clothwork. The clothwork is decorated with pinholes (ajours) or enriched with decorative fillings such as snowflakes (fonds de neige).
- Flanderische Spitze by Romback-de Kievid. Text is in German. Excellent diragrams.
- Flanders Lace by Annick Staes in 4 lang.
- Flanders Lace 1 by Annick Staes
- Flanders Lace 2 by Annick Staes
- Flanders Lace II by Nadine Pawels.
- Flanders Lace, 31 Prickings and Graphs by Vera Cockuyt. Pattern supplement for The Technique of Flanders Lace.
- Flanders Lace: A Step by Step Guide by Mary Niven
- Old Flanders Lace by Erdmute Wesenberg. Traditional Flanders patterns with color coded diagrams.
- Syllabus Vlaanderse Kant or Syllabus Flanders Lace by Sonia Vantoosterwijck 9 patterns in folio introduce Flanders lace with color coded diagrams.
- Technique and Design of Flanders Lace by Vera Cockuyt.
- The Technique of Flanders Lace by Vera Cockuyt
- Vlaanderse Kant II by Nadine Pauwels 8 patterns from the Kantcentrum with color coded diagrams in folio.
- The Flanders Cats Pricking from “Flanders Lace: A Step by Step Guide“, Mary Niven. This pattern is the reason I want to learn how to make Flanders Lace.
- Blessed peas (worked in 1996) Brok 100/2 in Ecru from “Flanders Lace: A Step by Step Guide“, Mary Niven.
- Peas & Half Oval Brok 120/2 in White. also from “Flanders Lace: A Step by Step Guide“, Mary Niven.
- Flanders Lace by Stephanie Peters
- Flanders Ground by Stephanie Peters. This is a sample of the ground done in multi-colored threads to show the thread path.
- Legacy of Lace a piece of Early 18th Century Flanders Lace and history.
- Circular Heart Edging at Steph’s SRS – String Related Stuff
- Story that mentions Flanders Lace
- Belgian Lace Manufactory: Louise Verschueren offers Belgian Lace for sale.